"P.Y. Adi Prasaja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 08:14:32AM -0400, Dave Sill wrote:
>>
>> He apparently confused incoming concurrency with outgoing
>> concurrency. Luckily, Postfix defaults to 50, so the results are still
>> valid.
>
>Then you wrong either :-)

No, I'm not wrong. If you're going to "correct" someone, please check
your facts first.

>From http://postfix.cloud9.net/rate.html:

  The default_process_limit parameter (default: 50) gives direct
  control over inbound and outbound delivery rates. This parameter
  controls the number of concurrent processes that implement a Postfix
  service (smtp client, smtp server, local delivery, etc.)

It says 50, not 10.

>Default _maximum_ concurrency is 10,

Perhaps you're thinking of  default_destination_concurrency_limit?
That's the *per destination* limit, not the overall concurrency limit.

>Even though the author increase the number at master.cf, say 1000 (as
>I said that it has nothing todo with concurrency, neither incoming nor
>outgoing, beside the fact that there are no _incoming/outgoing_
>concurrency in postfix, the number is for differrent purpose).
>then the concurrency still be limited to 10 and will started at 5,
>etc... etc...

Either you're wrong or the documentation on the web is wrong. I don't
care enough to determine which is the case. Here is what the web docs
say:

>From http://postfix.cloud9.net/rate.html:

  You can override [default_process_limit] for specific Postfix
  daemons by editing the master.cf file. For example, if you do not
  wish to receive 50 SMTP messages at the same time, you could
  specify:

  # service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
  #               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (50)
  . . .
  smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       5       smtpd
  . . .

-Dave