On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 08:48:13PM +0200, Olivier M. wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 02:30:55PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > actually delete everything in queue. i found out about qmHandle but due to
> > so many messages, its taking a long time to even do a listing. i might as
> > well delete all the mails in queue manually. thanks
>
> well, what about stoping qmail,
> rm /var/qmail/queue/mess/*
> rm /var/qmail/queue/info/*
> rm /var/qmail/queue/local/*
> rm /var/qmail/queue/remote/*

Actually, that wont work, there are directories at this level, you need
to go one level lower.

rm /var/qmail/queue/remote/*/*
etc.

You also need to include todo and bounce.

Or alternatively,

# cd /var/qmail/queue
# find bounce todo mess info local remote -type f -print | xargs rm

Alternative number two (my preferred as directories grow without
shrinking on many OSes and rm of files doesn't fix that):

# mv /var/qmail/queue /var/qmail/queue.old
# rm -rf /var/qmail/queue.old &
# cd ..../qmail-1.03
# make setup

Regards.