Piotr Kasztelowicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 15 January 2001 at 22:08:50
+0100
 > Hello
 >
 > > Perhaps then the only change necessary is to change the semantics of the
 > > qmail.org site?  Instead of "so-and-so has written a patch to...", change
 > > it to "addition" or "add-on" or whatever.
 >
 > Qmail ver 1.03 does not already "young" software. How about to suppose
 > Dan to make the new version - perhaps made with cooperation with
 > all peoples, who have created useful patches and additional softwares,
 > so that this all will be included to new version?

A number of the patches are to implement functionality discussed with
Dan on the list, which he rejects the utility of.  I think we can
safely presume that the patches will NOT in general be incorporated
into a new release.

(Not that Dan is completely opposed to incorporating ideas or code
from other people; he has done some of that already.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/