Scott Gifford writes:
 > Russell Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 >
 > > Try applying two patches to the same program.
 >
 >   While this may require some manual reconciliation between
 > conflicting packages, it's far better than needing a seperate full
 > distribution of components of qmail for every possible combination of
 > patches.

Don't be ridiculous.  Instead of producing a different package, you
would send the patch to the author of the enhanced qmail-smtpd.  If he
refused to accept it, then you might consider creating your own
package.

 >   And still further yet, it's not even clear that qmail's distribution
 > terms allow this, without getting explicity permission from the
 > author for each new package:

That's why I want to find the email message where Dan gave us
permission to reuse parts of qmail.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com | Government is the
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | fictitious entity by which