D. J. Bernstein writes:
 > Johan Almqvist writes:
 > > Quoting http://cr.yp.to/proto/mxps.txt
 >
 > Don't believe everything you read. :-)
 >
 > My original design made QMTP-only mail exchangers easier but made
 > QMTP+SMTP mail exchangers harder. This was a bad tradeoff.
 >
 > Clients should interpret a QMTP priority as ``try QMTP, then try SMTP.''
 > Then a typical SMTP host that adds QMTP support can keep its single MX
 > record but change the priority.

That's what I intended to do.  Ian Lance Taylor has pointed out that I
failed to test the case of a host having a QMTP priority but no QMTP
server.  I'll reissue the patch in a day or so after I finish off with
a customer's deadline.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com | Government is the
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | fictitious entity by which