>>Kalle Kivimaa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>In a mail server this fails when you get a mail which is larger than the
>>available size on /var.  Thus, have AT LEAST 4GB for /var, then you SHOULD
be
>>safe.  Same goes with /home if you deliver mail locally.
>
>Dave Sill wrote:
>You really have users sending multigigabyte messages? Yow.

I first thought the same thing, but then remembered seeing a
graphics designer friend of mine email a complete corporate
brochure to his printer.  Sent 8 emails with attachments of
just under 125MB EACH.  He had 768DSL, they had T-1.  Started
the send and went to eat dinner.  We got back a couple of
hours later and they were done! I asked him why he didn't
FTP them and he said, why email is easy!

Get many people doing that on your mail server and
you are right, "Yow" is about the only thing you can say!

Bill