Ari Arantes Filho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     An user is trying to send an email and I see this in log:
>
> 2001-06-07 09:13:34.292253500 delivery 21640: deferral:
> Connected_to_200.251.234.142_but_my_name_was_rejected./Remote_host_said:_501
> _dd002.domain.com,_
> why_do_you_say_you_are_mail.domain.com?/
>
>     The hostname is dd002.domain.com, but I don't say this name in "me",
> every machine has a different name, so I can very easy change the qmail or
> ftp or other service to other machine.

You can arbitrarily set the string used in the HELO greeting with
/var/qmail/control/helohost .

However, rejecting mail based on the contents of the HELO command is forbidden
by RFC2821.  The server you're trying to send this to is rejecting (in djb's
words) "a huge amount of legitimate mail, and a moderate amount of spam".

> How to fix this? What is localiphost????

localiphost is used when someone connects to your SMTP port and does "RCPT TO:
<user@[1.2.3.4]>" where 1.2.3.4 is one of your IP addresses.

Charles