On Thursday 18 May 2006 16:35, Erik Espinoza wrote:
> Hello marrandy,
>
> I missed you on irc by a few minutes. Anyways here is the info for ssl:
> http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/SSL_Related
>
> QmailToaster can only use one ssl cert. Apache can have one ssl cert
> per ip address.
>
> Thanks,
> Erik

Hi Erik.

Yes, I found that in the archives and was on the registerfly web site and
started thinking about the other domains I will be adding and how the cert
will effect them.

So there are Two issues ?

qmail ssl - if cert is for domain1.org and I have people also logging in with
domain1.com, they will see a pop-up/discrepancy e.g outlook security prompt
until they accept it permanently.

apache - 1 IP per domain/ssl cert, so only having one IP (name based) they
will also see an alert unless they accept it as good in their browser
certificate manager.  I could improve that by getting more IP's and more
certificates.

Is that about right ?

Regards...Martin

So initially, I should think about my most important domain as I don't have
multiple IP addresses yet