To: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 5:05 AM
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] allow relay with authentication

Jim Shupert, Jr. wrote:
I also see documentation on something that looks god at
http://linux.omnipotent.net/article.php?article_id=12500&page=-1
<http://linux.omnipotent.net/article.php?article_id=12500&page=-1>
I suppose there may be lots of ways to do it..

http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Vpopmail_-_roaming_users_configuration
is what i wish to do is to allow roaming users
so... these 4 steps and do a cron?  it seems like this is what i need?
is that right?

My Suggestion,
if your email client supports smtp-authentication like current version of
Ms. Outlook / Outlook Express / Thunderbird you dont need to re-compile
your qmail just to enable pop3-before-smtp because current toaster
setting already implement smtp-auth by default. So your user can send
email using your emailserver after they authenticate their username and
password.