Friends,
If any of you ( like me ) have wanted to write your own Add-on Rules for
SpamAssassin.
I suggest
http://www.intuitive.com/spam-assassin-rule-help.html
it has given me the handful of hints that are needed for success.

and there are links in the thread below.

I do have 1 question that is Qmail Toaster specific:
Is there any limit to how long one might make the
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf   ?

in other words how many rules can one drop in without bogging down SA ?
Would 5 - 10 make no impact on speed?

thanks

jims
  ----- prev -----

  Jim Shupert, Jr. wrote:
    I like that idea of " write a rule for SA to target him, and just have it
assign him 100 points "
    I have looked on the Toaster wiki and the SA site ... I do not find
examples of this.

    How might one write a SA rule ? and does that get cronned or it is then
part of the SA process?
    Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks alot

    ( also... when I become President ....Sapmmers will be treated like Bank
Robbers.)
  I'd prefer them to be treated like deserters or people who commit treason....
  Before I digress to far:
  Writing rules is a whole other world. Here's a link on writing rules (I don't
agree with all his statements, but he IS linked to from the RulesEmporium site):
  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/SA-rules-howto.txt
  And here's a guide on Perl regex:
  http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/mail2sms/regex.shtml

  Or you can just dig through the rules and find examples.... Here's some of
mine:
  Body test:
  body            JV_Phaarm_Drug  /MegaPha*rm/i
  describe        JV_Phaarm_Drug  Common word used by spammers in ED ads
  score           JV_Phaarm_Drug  10.0

  URI test (yes, I know about the period):

    uri             JV_Pharm1l_Drug /sassantrappy.com/i
    describe        JV_Pharm1l_Drug Pill ad web link
    score           JV_Pharm1l_Drug 10.0