Jim Shupert, Jr. wrote:
Friends,
If any of you ( like me ) have wanted to write your own Add-on Rules for SpamAssassin.
I suggest
http://www.intuitive.com/spam-assassin-rule-help.html
it has given me the handful of hints that are needed for success.
and there are links in the thread below. I do have 1 question that is Qmail Toaster specific:
Is there any limit to how long one might make the
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf   ?
in other words how many rules can one drop in without bogging down SA ?
Would 5 - 10 make no impact on speed?
You would put your rules in their own file, not in the local.cf. I have a file called 70_jake_rules.cf, located in /etc/mail/spamassassin that gets included with my own rules. I have probably 200 or so written in there, and do not really notice any speed reduction. So in short, 5-10 would be no problem.
Hope that helps.