-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric Shubert
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 9:10 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] 555 error off squirrelmail

Glen Vickers wrote:
> Folks I need some assistance.
>
> I haven't changed a thing yet, I was going to update but I don't think
> that will solve this problem.
>
> I am getting Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed
> Server replied: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
> rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser)
>
> Through squirrelmail.  Through my mail client (outlook) I was receiving
> an error message regarding authentication types but it just resolved
> itself with no appearant reason!?!
>
> This is my tcp.smtp below  I have another I saved as backup but I cut it
> down to the simplest rules in order for it to work last time.  I am
> unable to send out now through web client although my outlook client
> works now.. (no clue why).
>
> I'd like to fix it perminantly but I don't know why it starts
> happening.  I have a total of 7 emails across 3 domains on this server
> so its not like there's a heavy load. And I'm the only person that has
> any access to the server (console or direct) so no changes happen
> without me doing them so I'm clueless.
>
> 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> 199.104.125.190:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="15",CHKUSER_WRONG
RCPTLIMIT="3"

>I presume your toaster is fairly current (you didn't mention any versions).
>
>It appears that your toaster in unable to authenticate. The tcp.smtp
>file is the wrong place to fix that. You should use the stock file, and
>remember to "qmailctl cdb" whenever you change it. Here's the file I have:
>127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",
RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
>:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRON
GRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/>var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/cont
rol/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"

>Now, regarding authentication. That happens via mysql. There were a few
>issues with that when CentOS5 (and some Fedora version I don't remember)
>came out. I also think that you need to adjust the softlimit setting for
>x64 machines. Is your toaster x64 or i386? What does this command show?:
># qtp-whatami
>
>--
>-Eric 'shubes'

Thx for the assist

qtp-whatami
qtp-whatami v0.3.2
DISTRO=Fedora Core
OSVER=6
QTARCH=i686
QTKERN=2.6.22.14-72.fc6
BUILD_DIST=fdr60
BUILD_DIR=/usr/src/redhat
This machine's OS is supported, but this version/arch has not been tested.

As for the qmail version.  I haven't updated my installation in a while
actually. I was attempting the qtp-newmodel but appearantly it broke my yum
installation and I can't get it to work.. I've attempted to re-install yum
via the src.rpm but my efforts are in vein at the moment.

# rpm -qa qmail*
qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.15
qmailadmin-toaster-1.2.11-1.3.4
qmailtoaster-plus-0.3.1-1.4.8
qmail-pop3d-toaster-1.03-1.3.15
qmailmrtg-toaster-4.2-1.3.3
qmailtoaster-plus.repo-0.1-1

I have the centOS on download now but don't have it installed yet.  Need to
buy hardware first.

Glen.