In some systems where we are using old setup, we were facing the same
issue.  Ronnie, hope if any modification done in the qmailadmin for
the same user will again bring the problem back. Plz check this. If
the problem does not occur again, its good. If the same thing happens,
use the following quickfix.

cd /home/vpopmail/domains/domainname/username/

mv .qmail .qmail.bak

This will  fix the problem for the single user.

Thanks and Regards,
S.Senthilvel,