Thanks Eric and Jake,

Will test fail2ban also on a VM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Shubert" <e...@shubes.net>
To: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 10:09 AM
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: spam

You should secure squirrelmail so that it only runs with https, so that passwords are not sent in the clear. To do so, configure apache with a valid cert (see http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Certificate), then add these lines to your /etc/http/squirrelmail.conf file:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
RewriteRule ^(.*/webmail.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}$1 [L,R]

Then
# service httpd restart

madmac wrote:
Is there then a way to secure squirrelmail, or any other webmail prog.
This is a default install of qmail with the  ISO.
Not having it is not an option, as most of the clients can only use webmail as they are on the road daily.
 Thanks