Hello,
I am having a small problem with sending the system mail to a virtual
user email address.  First off, here is the contents of qtp-whatami
qtp-whatami v0.3.6
DISTRO=CentOS
OSVER=4.8
QTARCH=i686
QTKERN=2.6.9-89.0.25.ELsmp
BUILD_DIST=cnt40
BUILD_DIR=/usr/src/redhat
This machine's OS is supported and has been tested

What I was doing before, was to send all of the system root mail to an
email address.
So I had set up /var/qmail/alias directory with these files and contents:

-rw-r--r--   1 alias nofiles   32 Oct 14 09:28 .qmail-abuse
contents: &postmas...@mail.mydomain.com
-rw-r--r--   1 alias nofiles   32 Oct 14 09:28 .qmail-mailer-daemon
contents: &postmas...@mail.mydomain.com
-rw-r--r--   1 alias nofiles   32 Oct 14 09:27 .qmail-postmaster
contents: &postmas...@mail.mydomain.com
-rw-r--r--   1 alias nofiles   32 Oct 14 09:26 .qmail-root
contents: &postmas...@mail.mydomain.com

This is a valid email address and I always received system mail for root
here.

Now I have been asked to change the email address for where system mail
for root is sent.
So I changed the contents of the above four files.  I replaced
&postmas...@mail.mydomain.com
with
&adm...@mail.mydomain2.com
I then stopped qmail and then started qmail
to test that system root's mail would be delivered to
adm...@mail.mydomain2.com I sent an email to root from the command line
on this system. So from the command line I typed # mail -s "root email
test" root < somefile.txt

I looked for the email in adm...@mail.mydomain2.com, but it never
arrived.  I looked in the old email box postmas...@mail.mydomain.com and
the found my test message. What?  How can that be?  I rebooted the
entire system, tried my test again, it's still going to the old email box.

I know there is alot of questions regarding the "local" user email boxes
and qmail's alias files, but I have not found one that fixes my issue.

Have I missed something obvious?  Did I miss a step?  Since system mail
for root was going to postmas...@mail.mydomain.com I figured it would be
an easy change - I never thought this would turn into a multi hour task.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.  If I haven't
provided enough info, please let me know what else I can provide.

BTW, I am up to date on my qmail-toaster packages.  The only package
available to update is (installed: clamav-toaster-0.96.0-1.3.35).

Thanks,
Dave