Hi,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> wrote:
> Look closely at your config_local.php file for SM, just to be sure there's
> not another line with cram-md5 in there.

No there is not. This is the default qmailtoaster configuration, I
don't remember ever touching it:

[root@ol ~]# grep md5 /etc/squirrelmail/config.php
<outputs nothing>

Same output (nothing) on my other server running the previous version.

On the updated server I changed SM's auth to digest-md5, removed
cram-md5 from dovecot's conf:

[root@ol ~]# grep md5 /etc/squirrelmail/config.php
$imap_auth_mech = 'digest-md5';

[root@ol ~]# grep md5 /etc/dovecot/toaster.conf
#auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5
auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5

restarted Dovecot and made sure cram-md5 was disabled:

[root@ol ~]# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5] Dovecot toaster
ready.

and tried logging in from SM, which resulted again in:

Feb 17 00:18:02 imap-login: Info: Disconnected (tried to use
unsupported auth mechanism): method=CRAM-MD5, rip=127.0.0.1,
lip=127.0.0.1, secured

Why is SM trying to use cram-md5 even if its configured to use digest-md5 ?

This the SM I have installed:

[root@ol ~]# rpm -qa |grep squirrel
squirrelmail-toaster-1.4.20-1.3.17

Can someone else reproduce this behaviour?

Regards,
Peter