After seeing the recommendation for roundcube yesterday, I figured I'd give it a try on my otherwise bone stock QMT install that uses squirrelmail. It took about 15 minutes to get it set up and talking to IMAP, SMTP, MySQL and to configure apache. All I can say is WOW. It's worlds better than squirrel in terms of functionality and feel. I've been using squirrel for YEARS now for my personal email and it took me about 30 seconds to make the decision to switch to roundcube for good. The tricky part, at least as far as QMT integration goes, is that it has some specific requirements for PHP modules, some PERL (I think) and it requires a database. That, IMO, makes it a bit too involved to consider it part of a QMT suite. I'm no developer though, so I don't know what's considered "complicated" these days.