On 28-Aug-07, at 11:04 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:

Err, actually I had a brain fart. It should be remote_port.

No, it should be remote_IP.remote_port.local_port and should include a transaction_within_connection count. I don't think that pid adds anything.

Please try any way you can to get the algorithm I've used to generate a duplicate transaction id. Feel free to use your fastest hardware.

I've tried, and cannot conceive of any way to get a repeat with this algorithm. Perhaps in 30 years maybe (when computers are that fast), but for now it works well.

Matt.