In a message dated 12/01/2005 22:17:08 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Jim you are correct about taking care yourself to look attractive. I see a lot of my neighbors there are wheelchairs looking like they just donât care about their appearance any more. And I fill that them looking and dressing as they do it has an effect of the way others look towards me and everyone else in wheelchairs. Just because Iâm disabled doesnât mean that I have to look as if I and homeless and a bum. Just as several of my neighbors will go up to the grocery store with their overnight bed bag hanging on the outset of their chairs. Which looks a mess it reflects upon the others in our community that are in chairs. I donât want to see it and I know that the average AB truly doesnât want to see it. I understand if thereâs no other way but if you could put it in a bag so that everyone didnât have 2 C your piss well why not. They go around as if itâs a new fashion statement.
I personally have found that since having my sci I have been even more conscious about the way I look!  It's only been in the past year that I've had the gutts to start being a Goth - an image that I had always wanted to have but didn't have the bottle to.  I get a lot of strange looks, but I also get a lot of puzzled looks, as though they are asking themselves "why is someone in a wheelchair looking like a Goth??"  I am who I am, and I'm pleased to say that I live by that when it comes to my appearance, and if someone in society doesn't like it........ TOUGH SHIT is my attitude!

And now I shall go and get some dinner! hehe

Take care,

Love Smurf xxx