Lori,
We seem to be having similar luck.  I am starting my 4th uti since early december.  I was in the hospital when the first began on iv antibiotics for other health problems. There is no doubt the infection is there because the urine turns red, and I have all the symptoms you mentioned, usually following  the discolored urine.
I had been on home health and they were here on friday and they  had discharged me.  I went to the front door and was going to stop,and look out but my chair kept going forward  and then went down the ramp.  I told my husband behind me  that I didn't mean to go down  and he saw the right arm of my chair was falling backwards and as it did my grip caused the joystick to press forward and I ended up turned up in the shrubs trapped between them and the rock work.  My left side is badly bruised and having a heck of a time with spasms.   I got a whip lash type injury when I came out of the shrubs.  Oh, by the why, I was admitted back to home health today.
It is a terrible, humble feeling when you are grounded due to illness, and to know you don't have a wheelchair you can get into in case of need to go to the doctor or other type of emergengy.
Kathy from Mississippi