Keith,
Sorry if I made it sound like my chair only suffers from the sight of my butt
coming toward it each morning. It has developed some bad habits that I'm told
are signs that the Mk5 electrical system is almost toast. It does a cute trick
now n then, when I recline. It starts sitting back up then stops. It  must be
restarted several times before it actually returns to a seated position. The
roho seat in it needs replaced. (not just my butt complaining, Rehab Dr. says
its junk).
I think you've done real great getting a chair to last beyond 5 years. They
weren't meant to last that long. mines on 3rd set of tires, 4th set of
batteries. The back has been replaced once and is about to be redesigned and
replaced again. When it is working right its a great chair to be in. Ohyea..it
did catch on fire once. Those burns are almost healed.
If all else fails, I have a wicker chair that dates to 1932, but it doesn't
really steer, it merely helps whoever is pushing it.
(INHO) I think the money junkeys and mental deriliques running Americas'
healthcare systems have sat on their hands while Der flunkenschtooper has
dictated the building of invisible jets that are too expensive to risk flying.
We did need to replace the F-15's fast, although nobody has ever shot one of
them down. And we needed those aircraft carriers built on the double, (guys
that get $70 per hour worked Sundays). The Navy is worried how to man ships
with all the air craft carriers. Retirering Admiral's comment off the record:
The USS William Jefferson Clinton won't be fully manned and capable of
operations untill its reactors are beginning to fail. Don't even ask what
marines think of there ultimate weapon the congress forced them to have,
"V-22". A copy of a helicopter built by soviets back in early 60's but Russians
only thought it was entirely stupid to build a plane/helicopter that is not a
good airplane or a good helicopter. So far, the V-22 has
 killed more marines than Saddam Housien did.
You can believe what you like, but when they are thinking up ways to screw over
disabled folks, they are about to rip off disabled vets, too

Best Wishes,
john