From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:14:29 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] wheelchair monologue

I understand what you say about having to ask for help.  When I go to concert
my friend drops me off and has to park, which takes a long time.  When I went
to the Bon Jovi concert last week, one of the doorkeepers saw me almost at the
end of the long line outdoors and came and got me and let me in and then
another person took me to my wheelchair seating.  It's unfortunate that grocery
stores don't have someone to help you like department stores usually do.  It
seems as though they are cutting back on staff and it's harder now to sometimes
even find salespeople in any store, but usually I do.  Persons are usually
willing to help if you ask.  You have to search for a salesperson.  Elevators
are especially difficult, I just have to wait till somebody is walking by to
ask for help to push the buttons.

I agree with everything that you said Joan.  Everyone wants to see my yorkie,
which makes a good opportunity to ask for help.

On another note, my yorkie , Zoe just ran out the front door to the end of the
block to a busy intersection and four cars had to slam on their brakes.  My aid
could have been bringing back a dead dog.  She is really bad about running out
the front door and it doesn't matter what you say she will not stop.  She used
to just go to the street and now she goes to the intersection.

 .

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL
Autos.

Be a better friend, newshound, and