Ron -- Maybe a quick conference with an attorney will tell you if the police
must file a report and/or citation.  If so, filing a suit alleging the police
officer did not fulfill his duties might be the only way to get their attention
and force them to enforce.

Maybe there *is* a certain amount of discretion allowed by the responding
officer ... like the Harly was mostly in a parking spot but protuding into the
stripes they can "forgive."  On the other hand, in some places just parking
with your tires -ON- the line between spaces will get you a citation.

I know in any accident you should always demand that citation is issued... that
way there's a formal record.  Same should be done with parking violations...
the Harley rider and Officer can then explain to a judge why a fine should be
waived!!

It's an unfortunate reality -- Using The Law is the only *real* recourse we
have... without getting cited ourselves.

Best to All,
--Tod