You'll want to go to the NetBSD/68k page:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/

Read the documentation (folks say BSD folks are mean to folks who don't read the
documentation; I've noticed that you're more likely to be ignored publicly but someone
might contact you off-list), read the documentation again, try it out for yourself
using the installation instructions then jump on the listserv here:

You're in luck ... IDE drive support for your machine was added a few months ago to
the "current" release (I.E. not the 1.5.2 release, but the development release). Read
about it on the port page URL listed first in my post. Search the mail archives for
info on this -- I'm also new (but have two machines installed! Whoo-hoo!), so I'm not
sure how you'd install this. Takeshi's e-mail address is in the news section, I bet he
could point you in the right direction. You might have better luck getting 1.5.2
running on an external SCSI drive, repartitioning the internal IDE, and rebuilding
your distribution on the IDE drive. But don't quote me on that.

The MaX list on LEM is also a good place to hang out. BTW, according to the machine
status page, there isn't support for onboard ethernet or NuBus ethernet ... I've never
seen or used a Q630 personally (this from a guy with 17 Macs ;-) -- what kind of
network card do you have in that box? Most Asante cards are supported -- I have one in
my LC 475 (full 68040 upgrade), but it won't work on my generic "n-way" 10/100 switch
(I need a plain 10BaseT switch or hub for the older Macs anyway) and there's a vague
mention of this on Asante's site (which is odd, because their EN/SC ethernet-to-SCSI
convertors work fine with that switch).

Cheers,
Dan Willson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]