On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 12:49:48AM -0500, Scott Holder wrote:

> From what I've read, there have been some quite faster '040s and '060s
> than we've ever seen in Macs, as well as '030s. Of course we've never seen
> an '060 in a Mac stock.

The 68k series is still made.  Most sold have embedded communications
services since that's a common use of them.  Look up Coldfire on the
net somewhere.

Technically speaking, Motorola should be capable of making some very, very
fast 68k CPUs, but I doubt there is much market for doing so.

I believe though, they do sell Coldfires up to 220MHz.

> I have a 50mhz Diimo upgrade in my IIci, though it's rated at 40mhz. Not
> sure if there has ever been a real '030 faster than 40mhz or not.

I have a real 50MHz '030 in my Mac IIci.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]