>Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:22:39 -0500
>From: the pickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>At 21:17 -0700 on 27/12/02, J Sand wrote:
>
>>Take a look on the CPU chip, my 610 had a 25 and my 577 had a 33 on it.
>>Don't quote me as being right, just a possible suggestion.
>
>That's by far the most reliable way to determine the rated clock speed of a
>component.
>
>Unfortunately, due to overclocking possibilities and swapping, it's not the
>most reliable way to determine how fast something is actually *running*.

Heh, heh.  Boy is that the truth.   I looked under the drive platform
in my IIci the other day, which I've had for going on ten years, and
the soldered down 68030 processor is marked for 20 MHz.  Do you think
it's too late to complain to Apple about using a CPU rated for 5 MHz
under the speed of the machine?

Jeff Walther