Assuming you have the later 2 part belt cover (most will be) then it can be done but it's tight. You will probably need to lever the engine across slightly on it's mountings towards the gearbox side, no need to undo the mountings, just use the flex in them. I have a specially shaped bit of wood that i put in the mounting to push it across and hold it there.

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: Nigel Plant
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:01 AM
To: Quantum Owners Group
Subject: [Quantum Owners] 2+2 Timing Belt

I need to change the timing belt and water pump - 1.6 CVH. A quick question; is there enough space to the side to get the covers off and do this or do I need a double jointed chimpanzee, lift the engine a bit etc. I seem to remember reading that a Zetec is real tight but CVH is Ok.
Any tips for anything out of the norm is appreciated.
Thanks.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s). --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to quantumowners+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.