No not done it yet. Started the job, but first checked alternator with fan
belt off. Lo and behold noise was alternator bearings, had a spare from the
Xtreme so fitted that. So can belt and water pump waiting to be done.
Thanks for all the inputs.
Nigel

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018, 11:49 Jim Hearne, <j...@quantums.info> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
> If you loosen the nut A and the matching one on the other side of the
> mounting.
> And then push a wedge shaped bit of wood in the gap B between the mounting
> and it’s bracket.
> You should find you can push the engine across in the engine bay just
> enough to get the pulley off without lowering the engine.
>
> It’s always worked for me on the 2+2.
>
> Jim
>
>
>
> *From:* 'Martin Hodnett' via Quantum Owners Group
> *Sent:* Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:36 AM
> *To:* Quantum Owners Group
> *Subject:* Re: [Quantum Owners] 2+2 Timing Belt
>
> Hi Nigel.  You have probably done the job now, I was doing something
> similar at about the same time.  My 2+2 has the 1.6 CVH engine on which the
> camshaft oil seal popped out, that was a load of oil dumped on the roads
> between Uxbridge and Langley - one hell of a mess in the car park.  While I
> was at it, I decided to change the cam belt and that is where the real
> challenge started - very limited clearance.  Top cam belt cover came off no
> problem but the lower one needed the crankshaft pulley removed - not enough
> room to get it out.  After lots of foul language and thumping around, the
> solution was to remove the front engine mount only and lower the engine
> enough to clear the subframe - at its lowest point, there was just enough
> room to remove the pulley - less than 1mm.  I found that I was raising and
> lowering the engine many times to get "comfortable access" to the areas
> needed.  Picture below shows the challenge.
>
> Martin
>
> On Thursday, 17 May 2018 16:26:38 UTC+1, Nigel Plant wrote:
>>
>> Thanks everyone. Have the belt and pump, so job for the weekend.
>> Nigel
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Quantum Owners Group" group.
> To post to this group, send email to quantumowners@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> quantumowners-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/quantumowners?hl=en
>
> IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As
> Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum
> Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or
> in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any
> person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or
> alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained
> within this or related message(s).
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Quantum Owners Group" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to quantumowners+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Quantum Owners Group" group.
> To post to this group, send email to quantumowners@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> quantumowners-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/quantumowners?hl=en
>
> IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As
> Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum
> Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or
> in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any
> person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or
> alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained
> within this or related message(s).
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
> Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/quantumowners/tx3QNX06vyo/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> quantumowners+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Quantum Owners Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to quantumowners@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
quantumowners-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/quantumowners?hl=en

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" 
basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners 
Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the 
preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or 
entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be 
caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or 
related message(s).
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Quantum Owners Group" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to quantumowners+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to