On 2016-10-14 06:54, Wojtek Porczyk wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 02:19:35PM -0700, Andrew David Wong wrote:
>>> Yes, this is the other option. The question here is: where should those
>>> forks be (current github org or a new one) and how should be named
>>> (original name, or some forced naming scheme like qubes-app-*)?
>> I think it's fine to choose option 4 here, in line with your preference.
>> Since it would be a dedicated GitHub organization, we could simply
>> preserve the upstream names. Or, if there are organizational benefits
>> to prefixing (e.g., to sort them into groups or categories), then
>> adopt some prefixing scheme. It probably wouldn't be beneficial to
>> prefix them all the same way (e.g., qubes-app-*). (Maybe the GitHub
>> organization itself should be called Qubes-apps or QubesOS-apps?)
> Just a thought: can't we invite those original authors to this new
> organisation? They could upload the code directly, but we'd still have to tag
> the code for builder to verify. They'll have a nice logo on their GitHub
> profile as a token of recognition.

Yes, good idea. Membership in the GitHub organization should be
available as an incentive for contributors. However,I don't think
uploading code directly to this organization (as opposed to the
contributor's own GitHub account) should be a requirement.

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS