On 05/30/2016 11:35 AM, Rusty Bird wrote:
Bahtiar `kalkin-` Gadimov:
IMHO you should use LVM. Because btrfs is IMHO not mature enough. (Personal
anecdote warning) I used it for backups until the partion become read-only and
throw out of space warnings, for no obvious reason.
On Qubes 3.0, I had the same issue: More than a couple of dozen whole-fs
snapshots made the fs readonly. Booting a newer kernel and removing some
of the snapshots fixed it then.

Rusty

IIRC, kernel 3.17 and later are considered safe bets for btrfs.

Chris