On 2016-08-22 02:47, nishiwak...@gmail.com wrote:
> I would love as well to be able to host a website to share my interest for
> Qubes OS with the world, or at least with people of my country sharing my
> own language if you don't mind, because Qubes OS documentation looks like
> imo being written mostly by native english users that don't seem to care
> much for non-native english users being lost.

On the contrary, we care greatly about translating the documentation into
other languages. We're working with Transifex right now to have the
documentation translated:

> I would this way really like to participate to some translation effort, as
> I don't necessarily think you can enter easily those quite complicated
> notions with your non-native language.

We welcome your participation! Michael (CCed) is the main contact with
Transifex. He may have a better idea about how members of the Qubes community
like yourself can get involved.

> Qubes documentation being largely a volonteer effort doesn't make it
> immune to the critics,

I didn't mean to suggest that it's immune to criticism. On the contrary,
constructive criticism is always welcome.

However, you said, "I don't get why documentation don't address..." I was
simply explaining why. The documentation is lacking such things because no one
has contributed them.

> and mine is that people spending this valuable time to share their
> knowledge to make people enter quite long and complicated procedures should
> consider that : 1) Explaining how to do port forwarding without adressing
> or refering to basic knowledge upon this concept leads to frustration, as
> you necessarily need to understand a bit what's going on in order to adapt
> the procedures. 2) Even if I think people mostly appreciate and are
> thankful to the Qubes community developpment for the incredible security
> improvement Qubes OS brings to everyone and that makes Qubes OS probably
> the best OS I know so far, when security isolation somehow puts you in cage
> where you encounter difficulties to communicate with rest of the world,
> well that's not the goal per se :p

I think it's fair to beseech documentation contributors to consider these
things. But, in the end, it's up to them what knowledge (if any) they will
contribute.

> But no problem, thank you for your help. I hope someone might give me some
> advices on this problem, but I am already trying to learn on iptables, as
> it looks like you can't unblock ports using only Qubes firewall, you have
> to understand these iptables scripts ^^

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS