> On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 11:11:28 PM UTC-4, Drew White wrote:
>> On Friday, 9 September 2016 18:58:51 UTC+10, Thomas Ernst  wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Does Qubes support NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards? The reason for
>> asking is that I am planing to buy a Lenovo ThinkPad T460p Laptop,
>> which has a NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2 GB graphics card.
>> >
>> > Best,
>> >
>> > Thomas
>>
>> I have a GeForce GTX630 and a Quadro 600 in my machine, and both work
>> well with no issues.
>>
>> The Thinkpads work well with Qubes.
>> the T530 is very nice and works well.
>> So the Pro T460 should also be quite acceptable.
>>
>> As long as you have 4 or more threads, you can use qubes easily.
>
> I have gtx 650 ti.  works great.   I would research how the card perform
> with open source linux drivers in general before buying.

I have a GeForce6100SM-M2.  It's on-board nVidia card crashes (diagonal
stripes) after a bit of usage (almost seems to happen when memory gets
low).

I've tried all the BIOS settings, etc., with no luck.  (The same thing
occurs under Tails, FYI.)

With a PCI GeForce7300 GT inserted (and the on-board video disabled),
things work just fine.

(Note that in 3.1, and 3.2 up until rc2? I think, there was a bug where
the VM's would get screen corruption.  rc2 and beyond have fixed this
problem.)

Cheers.

JJ