On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 02:20:35 -0000, johnyju...@sigaint.org wrote:

> A bit late to the party (as they say) in this discussion, but why is
> it so important to suspend/restore in the first place?
[...]
> For a laptop on the go, okay, I can see the argument.  But I don't
> think most Qubes users are on laptops, given the hardware
> requirements.  (Very much moreso with 4.0. :P)  Correct me if I'm
> wrong.

Yes, it's for laptops. Using laptop at home and in the office, and
commuting every day, makes suspend/restore very useful feature.
Hibernate would be even better, but it's not supported by Qubes.

Qubes on laptops are not rare, according to published HCLs.

And Qubes-compatible laptop doesn't have to be expensive - e.g. used
Thinkpad T520 with i5-2520M for $200 and 16 GB RAM for $110 is really
affordable. And I hope it will also run Qubes 4.0, since it supports
SLAT/EPT (well, according to specs).

--
yaqu