On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 12:20:47 UTC+10, johny...@sigaint.org  wrote:
> A bit late to the party (as they say) in this discussion, but why is it so
> important to suspend/restore in the first place?

A bit late to the party? What party is this? I started this thread.
I don't want to suspend/restore. My PC never suspends.

> I'm generally not one to rationalize a bug by saying "well, just don't do
> that," or "don't use that feature"; but the whole suspend/restore thing
> does seem to add a layer of complexity to the whole security mess, with a
> lot of CPU/BIOS/motherboard dependencies and such.

Okay, I see that you are going to keep going on about the suspend/restore that
I don't use and that isn't the issue here, so I'll stop reading your post here,
and let you re-read my posts so that you can then re-post with your thoughts
and all on the actual topic, not the complete reverse of what I
have/use/want/do that is the actual issue. :}