On Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 9:26:08 AM UTC-4, omeg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We uploaded a new version of Qubes Windows Tools (3.2.2-3) to the
> current-testing repository.
>
> Changelog:
> - - Updated Xen PV drivers to be in line with upstream
> - - Private disk image is now initialized during setup making the
>   install process require one less reboot
> - - Added handler for qubes.OpenURL qrexec service
> - - Fixed a bug that could make moving user profiles to the private
>   image fail if there were files with ACLs explicitly disallowing SYSTEM
>   access
> - - Fixed handling qrexec service requests for non-existing services
> - - Minor log readability improvements

I am unable to install the windows tools with the "Move user profiles" install
option disabled.  I get the same message reported by Eva
(https://i.imgur.com/1MPczCY.png), along with, at the end, "0x80070643 - Fatal
error during installation".  In the log file, the action that seems to be
failing is:

Applying execute package: qubes_tools_WIN7x64_3.2.2.3.msi ... arguments: '
ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT="1" MSIFASTINSTALL="7"'

The installer works if "Move user profiles" is enabled.

Maybe this is related to the "Private disk image is now initialized during
setup making the install process require one less reboot" change.

Eric