On 2016-11-14 04:03, Salmiakki wrote:

>>> want

>> Well, I somewhat understand the first argument, but not the second. To
>> have a bad usability and waste poeple's time just because other tools do
>> is not a good argument I think.
>>
>> Obviously it is not unidirectional, otherwise the source would not know
>> "out of disk space". This does not have to be an interactive feature,
>> though.
>> Why not give the "out of disk space" error before accepting the
>> transfer? The communication from sink to source would be the same, but
>> less time would be wasted.
>
> Maybe it could be done more general by just popping up a warning saying "this
> VM is low on disk space".
> It would not work for cases where you transfer extremely large files (or at
> least it would only display the warning after transferring quite a large
> chunk).
> However, it would also work for everything else!
> For example I once had a problem because I decided to sync my entire imap
> folder for my mail VM and that is larger than 2 GB. The problem was actually
> kind of hard to spot. Ideally of course, the warning would be accompanied by
> an option to just extend the space (since it seems to be possible to do that
> while the VM is running anyway).

I've actually seen such a warning in 3.1 and earlier (haven't had cause to see
it yet in 3.2), so it must already exist in some sense (or did exist). I never
bothered to look into how the threshold is calculated, though.

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org