> It isn't the TOOL here that will "waste people's time". They waste
> their own time by not checking beforehand.
Why should a user always check the free disk space, if a tool can easily
do it? That's wasting time as well. Especially in the Qubes environment,
where you are easily handling tens of "disks" (at least one per Qube)
and you most likely do not always now which disk is how big and how full.
> There are some OS and tools
> that try to fix this, but you see plenty of users baffled by the way
> they work, and unsure why the warning arise. Best to keep it simple imo.
>
> unman
One basic principle of usability is to make it hard to make mistakes
(including destroying work/files).

As I stated before I think the protocol would not have to become "more
non-unidirectional" to improve on this.