I agree,  redhat seems to always be finding the most crucial vulnerabilities in
linux.  Also imo,  fedora is the most secure big linux distro by default. (a
firewall on by default, selinux etc
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security_Features?rd=Security/Features) So we
know they take security seriously, when most distros dont' give it a look.  In
fact I can't think of any major distro that does besides debian stable.
Something like gentoo or arch might not have as much hardware support.

 Qubes is aimed at home desktop users I believe, so they want something easy to
manage,  and they also want broad hardware support.

That being said there are things like the latest drive by downloads affecting
fedora and google chrome, but that would affect appvms not dom0.

But should be noted,  fedora and ubuntu were affected with the latest
encryption bypass. (holding enter key down)  debian was not.  So if not fedora
my vote is for debian.  But those are the only two i would nominate.