This thread just sprung to life again.

I had a quick look at

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/

And along with Debian which is installed by default both

Arch and
Ubuntu

Are available...

My personal preference in Ubuntu because it generally just works, and Arch
because it has the latest version of everything when every you have the problem
that xyz does not work because it needs the latest version.  That the
distribution maintainer has not yet made available in your favourite distro.  I
have not yet tried these templates.

Since I am a xfce fan I love qubes UI along with all the other parts.

Only gripe is no Win10 template ( and the various issues getting Windows to
work - no password ).

Regards
Ronald