On 2017-03-19 11:38 AM, Dominique St-Pierre Boucher wrote:
> On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 5:51:39 AM UTC-4, tnt_b...@keemail.me wrote:
>> hi there,
>>
>> fedora minimal is great idea to have inside Qubes, i wonder why we dont have
>> debian minimal as well inside Qubes ?
>>
>> (debian-qubes has many packages which r not necessary to be installed e.g
>> printing packages. tho, it will be nice to install the needed packages from
>> the user pleasures not by default.)
>>
>> Thanks
>
> This would be wonderful. I tried to create one by removing some package but
> not a big impact on space or memory usage.
>
> I will follow this thread with interest!
>
> Dominique

You can create one yourself using qubes-builder (
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder ); I just did it myself a
couple of days ago, and it's great! I tried to do do a stretch-minimal
but it failed somewhere in the middle, but jessie-minimal worked fine
and I've switched all of my service vms to use that with coldkernel.
I'll probably get to creating a Thunderbird-only VM using that template
soon.

I've noticed that there have been a lot of requests for debian-minimal
templates come through; it'd be nice if one could be made and put up in
the Qubes repository (even if it was templates-community) for
convenience sake.