On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Unman wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 06:13:46PM -0400, Gaiko Kyofusho wrote:
> > Thanks, I looked up about host files, and found the
> > github.com/StevenBlack/hosts file which is handy but what I am still a
> bit
> > confused about is where to put it. The reason I assumed dom0 before was I
> > thought anything put in /etc/ would be erased on reboot which seems to be
> > happening, is there someway around this or perhaps I should be putting it
> > in the template?
> >

> You can put the file in /rw/config, and then in /rw/config/rc.local
> include:
> cat /rw/config/hosts >> /etc/hosts
> Or you can use bind-dirs to make /etc/hosts survive a reboot.

Thanks. I am not sure how to bind dirs but I understand putting the file in
the config dir and cat'ing it into /etc/hosts... but since those are write
protected dirs would the rc.local execute those commands as root (or su or
sudo not sure about the terminology here)? I ask because when i try:

source rc.local

it gives me permission denied errors, I tried adding "sudo" in front but
that didn't seem to help?