I'm attempting to install on my new T470:

i7-7600U
Intel HD Graphics 620
500GB HDD

Starting the installer, I get this error:

X startup failed, falling back to text mode

I'm assuming there is some graphics card issue, but I can't find any reports of
people working to solve installer problems with the Intel 620. It seems to be
just issues after installation.

I tried to install in text mode, but I got an error when autoparting the disk
(something to do with LUKS key) which seems to be universal and not to have a
solution.

I took the recommended steps for installing on a Lenovo with UEFI.

Any suggestions on the next step for troubleshooting?