On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 3:48:57 AM UTC-4, wordsw...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 8:24:59 PM UTC-4, cooloutac wrote:

> > > Thanks for referring me to this.
> > >
> > > I followed that thread to this one which included a very helpful
> > > kickstart config:
> > >
> > > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/-9qRHSkwfy8/CCx08nnTVEAJ
> > >
> > > I was able to install completely, but now Qubes freezes at "[OK] Starting
> > > Accounts Service." I'll post another thread on that.
> >
> > looks like you still having gpu driver problems. I would still suggest my
> > earlier suggestions.
>
> Can you help me with implementing these?
>
> > Try to change kernel options from grub to add nomodeset. see if anything
> > diff happens.
>
> Not sure how to do this.
>
> > enable testing repo and install latest kernel.
>
> I can't start Qubes, so how can I do this?

Never mind, I've figured out both of these. Unfortunately, it doesn't help,
although installing the new kernel does get X working. I'm still stuck on [OK]
Starting Accounts Service.

I'm guessing there's something in the kickstart config that's causing the
problem.

I wonder if there's a way to update the kernel for the installer? Some way to
boot the USB to a text console, then update the kernel, then start the
installation process.