In the past I have used a Firefox plugin called "Better Privacy" to try to push
back against multi-front user fingerprinting and analysis mechanisms such as
the kind used by large advertising and user demographics companies which
include the abuse of Flash LSOs, HTML5 local storage, Silverlight, et al to
confirm that the same user is browsing along a website or a distributed ad
network even when they "clear private data" or use incognito mode, even when
they switch to different browsers installed on the same machine, even if
they're using coffee shop wifi or VPNs so that they appear from different IP
addresses, etc.

The take home being that it only takes one (1) fingerprint hit through one (1)
of the avenues available to tracking organizations to confirm that they are
dealing with the same end-user (or household unit, or something close enough to
pad their toxic dossier with) and thus to link every cookie fingerprint that
they know for this user across both domains under the same umbrella.

A pretty thorough look at all of the strategies that I am at least aware of can
be had at this url:
https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/client-identification-mechanisms

So I am curious to what extent Qubes security domains may be sufficiently
complete as to defeat potentially all of these mechanisms simultaneously?
Especially if end-user configures one or more domains to pipe all network
traffic over a VPN or tor to additionally differentiate their IP address?

I am especially interested to hear about how Qubes security domains interact
with Flash LSOs, and .. whatever-it-is that Silverlight and other multi-browser
plugins do, and whether *that* data leaks between domains. :/

Thank you for any insight you guys may have on this matter, as it sounds like
it speaks directly to Qubes primary mission goals of security by
compartmentalization. :D