Tuesday 26 December 2017 г., 15:18:14 UTC+0 user Blooorp wrote:
> Le mardi 26 décembre 2017 00:05:28 UTC+1, tai...@gmx.com a écrit :

> > > Everything works now, my mistake was using the wrong vgabios.bin, the
> > > stock bios contains the ones for each version of the laptop but I didn't
> > > know that so I took the first that I found, with device ID 6663.
> > > The one I then searched for and that worked, thanks to awokd, was with
> > > device ID 990b, appropriate for the G505s with integrated graphics and
> > > not discrete card.
> > >
> > Don't forget about that microcode update - it is mandatory both for for
> > security and IOMMU.
> >
> > Use the patch that awoke made, a true service to the community - the
> > lenovo g505s is now properly working and is the best laptop for qubes as
> > it supports an open source init version of coreboot without ME/PSP
> > unlike purisms laptops with the not really disabled ME and entirely
> > blobbed silicon init via intel FSP.
>
> Didn't forget about it, he did some awesome work :)
>
> I took my time to choose the right laptop to get into Qubes, really feels
> that I made the right choice !
> But now, I need to make Qubes work on it, I'm collecting the issues haha

The perfect VGA BIOSes for Lenovo G505S could be obtained here -
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-July/084680.html

Go to "g505s-atombios" repository and download one or two vgabios files
(depending on if your G505S had just integrated GPU, or integrated+discrete),
then compare their checksums - and, if the checksums are correct - feel free to
add them to your completed coreboot BIOS build. At the ReadMe of this
repository, you could see how to add (or remove) a vgabios file to coreboot
BIOS after its building - one or two simple commands.

Actually, for G505S with "integrated+discrete GPU" even a single vgabios for
integrated GPU - would be enough to show the image on display. I just hope
that, if you add both vgabios you could somehow make your discrete GPU working
(it still doesnt work for me)