On 12/29/2017 08:21 PM, awokd wrote:

On Sat, December 30, 2017 12:20 am,taii...@gmx.com  wrote:
On 12/29/2017 06:39 PM, awokd wrote:

On Fri, December 29, 2017 11:32 pm, Ivan Ivanov wrote:

Yes, I am also very disappointed in purism, and its still unclear for
  me why they went the Intel road, when - at 2013 - they could have
created a more freedom-respecting equivalent of G505S, instead of
This was hashed over in the Coreboot mailing list recently, see
https://mail-archive.com/coreboot@coreboot.org/msg50746.html. To be
honest, I'm kind of tired of hearing about Purism now. ;) I think people
  have made their positions clear.
:<
I only make so much noise because no one else is doing so - they have
strangely universal positive coverage in the mainstream tech media and the
real facts and downsides are never mentioned or investigated - not to
mention that the real libre products like TALOS 2 and Novena get little to
no press for some reason.

I respect your opinion, but there are still so many laymen who think
that "LibreM" means "Libre" (the purism goons say it doesn't and that its
not their fault people are confused) so I feel as though I must continue.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for the AMD products.
Nah I don't like AMD due to PSP - it is simply that they added it much later than intel did ME so the pre-PSP AMD stuff is still fast enough to be useful which is why I recommend it for those who require x86-64.

My only CPU enthusiasm is for POWER (and thus TALOS 2)
It was actually one of
your posts along with several other people's that convinced me to get the
G505s. But there might be more effective ways of communicating your
concerns with Purism than frequently repeating it to the same groups of
people. :) You mention tech media for example, have you contacted them?
I have many times, sometimes I receive a reply but it never goes anywhere :[
I assume they receive so many emails they simply ignore mine.
Or
how about writing a fact-based expose (make sure it doesn't seem like a
rant) and submitting it or blogging it somewhere? I'm no PR guy though, so
maybe those aren't good ideas.
No they are :3 its just that the tech media only cares about shiny appley type products not stuff made for real work.