On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 08:54:02 GMT aaq via qubes-users wrote:
> Okay, so I found the documentation for bind-dirs
> (https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/bind-dirs/), but was still  wondering if
> you meant binding the AppVMs /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin, or was thinking
> of something else?
>
> I would assume I need to bind all dirs that a given application is going
> to write to (such as potentionally /usr/share, /var/lib, etc).

Let me give you an example usage;

I have the binary build "keybase" app in its own AppVM.
It installs the majority of its files in /opt, as such I bind that dir.
(restart before install!).

There are a dozen files also being copied into the /usr/ dir-structure.
I copied those files into the /rw/keybase/usr/ dir structure
and I edited /rw/config/rc.local to copy those files back onto the /usr
dir-structure at vm-boot.

This was enough for this app, your actual usage may depend on how your app
installs itself.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io