Den fredag den 12. januar 2018 kl. 10.45.02 UTC+1 skrev a...@it-minds.dk:
> Den mandag den 8. januar 2018 kl. 14.29.06 UTC+1 skrev Ahmed Al Aqtash:
> > Hello all!
> >

> > I apologise for the vague subject, but I have been trying all kinds of
> > things, and I simply can't understand half of the issues, and the other
> > half I can't seem to find a solution to.
> >

> > First of all I have all the respect in the world for the entire Qubes team,
> > and I sincerely believe that you are making the world a better place.
> >

> > The machine: ThinkPad X270 (full specs:
> > https://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/portatili-e-notebook/0007017591).
> >  It has 8 GB RAM.
> >

> > So.. to the issues..
> > 1) A more general gripe with not having enough documentation to actually
> > get through a setup process. I used Qubes 3.2 before, and I simply went
> > about Qubes 4 the same way. I know that there have been multiple changes,
> > and I honestly believe the changes are for the better.
> >

> > But issues like moving a templates home directory to /etc/skel (meaning
> > that appvm's inherit /etc/skel as home dir from the template) left me
> > baffled with my first install.. I setup my template exactly as I wanted,
> > created an appvm, and nothing was initialised. I had no idea what was going
> > on, and the only way I could get some information was through a GitHub
> > issue. Even after moving everything over to /etc/skel, I still have
> > issues.. not everything is being carried over, not everything is being read
> > correctly, and /etc/skel is not being synchronised either. If I add
> > something new to /etc/skel AFTER creating a appvm, the appvm's homedir
> > won't be updated.
> >

> > I like the idea with moving all the GUI functionality to the shell. I
> > prefer using the shell anyway. But for instance, in 3.2, you could allow
> > access to through the firewall for a templatevm. Now it has to be done
> > through qvm-prefs. This is not documented anywhere, and this was also an
> > infuriating issue for me.
> >

> > 2) I have reinstalled qubes multiple times over the weekend (friday through
> > sunday) to get my install at a state that I am actually satisfied with.
> >

> > Most griping issues: sys-net and sys-firewall do not start on boot.
> > Journalctl claims that there isn't enough memory to start sys-net on boot
> > (I don't have anything more descriptive for sys-firewall).
> > I can easily start them after boot and login. If I need more memory, then I
> > will happily upgrade. I intended to do so anyway, but I cannot understand
> > why it worked fine in 3.2 with 8 GB RAM.
> >

> > 3) The issue mentioned under documentation with setting up a template
> > exactly the way I want it.
> > To understand the issue in depth, I think it's in place to describe my
> > setup:
> > Having 2 base templates (based on the debian 9 template):
> >

> >   * One I call 'trusted' which is based on debian sid (unstable) that I
> > install everything I use for daily usage (firefox, libreoffice, mpv, emacs,
> [...]

Sorry forgot two things..

5) Weird screentearing in all apps, all appvm's. When I resize windows I get
some weird tearing. Again, this is not critical.. just annoying.

6) Resizing a urxvt window in my debian unstable to a certain dimension (or
fullscreen hotkey) crashes the terminal. If I have another window running the
VM, and that window already 'broke' the dimensions in question, then urxvt has
no issues taking on any dimensions. If urxvt is the only window running in the
appvm, it will however keep crashing when it reaches a specific size.

There we go :)