On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 10:44 PM, heartsucker <heartsuc...@autistici.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm testing out Qubes 4.0-rc3 and need to set up VPM VMs for different
> domains. I'm attempting to follow the instructions listed here:
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vpn/
>
> The screenshots deviate significantly from what I'm seeing in my
> installation, namely that there doesn't seem to be any thing that
> resembles a ProxyVM. I looked in the qubes-doc repo for update docs, but
> it looks to be the same as what's currently live.
>
> Is there a guide or blog post about setting up VPN VMs or ProxyVMs in
> the 4.x series?
In simple steps, create an app-vm, click on the checkbox saying it
provides network,
open the configuratin, and add `network-manager` in the services. This
will give you
a nm-applet, click on it and add a vpn normally in the UI. I am using
Fedora 26 for
my vpn vms.

I will write down a blog post tomorrow along with screenshots about
this. If you want the command
line options, I have one old blog post[1].

[1]
https://kushaldas.in/posts/network-isolation-using-netvms-and-vpn-in-qubes.html

Kushal
--