On 01/10/2018 01:53 PM, 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users wrote:
On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 18:32:39 GMT Chris Laprise wrote:
I also have a download-able project that makes the scripted/antileak
setup fairly simple in Qubes R4.0:

Please consider updating the docs repo with this :-)

I poked the Qubes guys about providing a separate dir on the website to make
it clear what is 3.x and what is 4.x specific, but they stated we should
instead put notices about exceptions in the document pages.

So I guess things like ProxyVMs should be mentioned to be old and AppVM is
the new.

Of course, there is very little R4.0 documentation at this point. There is also a blocking issue that leaves the behavior of firewall scripts undetermined for now; The update for the VPN doc will be done when that issue is closed.

Yes, "AppVM supplying networking" would be a replacement term for ProxyVM.

I prefer a separate area for R4 docs as well. The command line tools and GUI have changed enough to warrant it, IMHO, and its off-putting to be faced with documenting a lot of "do-this-or-that".

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket